- DHS maintains numerous relationships with members of the academic community and directly engages with school administrators, faculty, and students on a range of issues.
- Protecting our borders from the illegal movement of weapons, drugs, contraband, and people, while promoting lawful entry and exit, is essential to homeland security, economic prosperity, and national sovereignty.
- American citizenship speaks to our character as a welcoming country that bestows upon us all of the rights and freedoms guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.
- Safeguarding civil rights and civil liberties is critical to DHS’ work to protect the nation from the many threats we face.
- Our daily life, economic vitality, and national security depend on a stable, safe, and resilient cyberspace.
- Whatever the disaster, as the federal government’s emergency management and preparedness agency, FEMA is part of a team of responders.
- America’s economic prosperity, and the world’s, depends increasingly on the flow of goods and services, people and capital, and information and technology across our borders.
- Since the Department's creation, the goal is simple: one DHS, one enterprise, a shared vision, with integrated results-based operations.
- The Department of Homeland Security has unique career opportunities that will challenge your mind and reward your skills and talents.
- Human trafficking is a crime and a form of modern-day slavery involving the exploitation of children and adults.
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has adopted common sense policies that ensure our immigration laws are enforced in a way that enhances public safety, border security and the integrity of the immigration system.
- We work internationally not only to maintain our physical security, but also protect our economic security.
- Law enforcement partners at the State, local, tribal and territorial levels are essential to our nation’s domestic defense against terrorism. They are this country’s eyes and ears, and the first line of detection and prevention.
- Protecting the American people from terrorist threats is the reason the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) was created, and remains our highest priority.
- Resilience towards acts of terrorism, cyber attacks, pandemics, and catastrophic natural disasters is the shared responsibility of all levels of government, the private and nonprofit sectors, and individual citizens.
- TSA employs a risk-based strategy to secure U.S. transportation systems, working closely with transportation sector stakeholders, as well as the partners in the law enforcement and intelligence community.
Last Published Date: July 22, 2014
Department of Homeland Security, How Do I Get Involved?